The ghost of 2002

                             2002 Gujarat riot is a blemish on NaMo's carrier. In 2002, I was 8. I didn't know what was going on in Gujarat. But as a Gujarati I can tell you the truth of 2002. My father & our neughbours were suddenly alarmed by some unknown people. We were informed that a Muslim mob is about to burst in our area. My father & neighbours started hunting for a "weapon", which could prove fatal. As a weapon they got an iron rod. We had never seen a real sword before that incident. I was amazed that a huge crowd was waiting for the Muslim mob downstairs. They all were also informed that a mob is about to come. All the people were equipped with at least one "weapon". Someone had sword, someone had rod. After some time, finally we heard chants. We could see chaos a bit away from our area. A throng of people was proceeding towards our area with chants such as - "Jay shri Ram.". I didn't know but, later on, in conversation with my father I got to know they were from VHP. Muslim mob never came. They somehow got  to know that VHP had already alerted the area.
                             So 2002 was not a genocide. It was a riot. Genocide is "the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, caste, religious, or national group",as Wikipedia writes. destruction took place on both the sides. Hindus were also killed. Muslims were also killed. Even one killing is not accepted & can not be justified. But in 2002, around 790 Muslims & 254 Hindus were killed. Those 254 Hindus do not matter to anyone? These figures have been derived form the answer in parliament in 2005 by the Union Minister of State for Home Shriprakash Jaiswal, who belongs to the Congress Party. Today the myths are being publicized that in 2002 riots, 2000 Muslims were killed! Even total toll of Hindu-Muslim deaths is not touching 1500. You can read the true story of 2002 on a website- Godhra riots. Please visit the site & answer all those people who are ignorant & still they are far away from the truth. 
                                     After providing that link in above paragraph, I do not need to say anymore. Muslims in our country, have always been appeased by our politicians. That's why whoever opposes appeasement politics, Muslims are never going to like them. I always think Quran is as holy as Bhagvad Gita. I like to wish Eid mubarak to my Hindu friends too. But subsequent to independence, they have been used to see politicians who would even wash their feet to get vote. Please stop this nonsense. We are not going to tolerate it anymore. I started this blog to write for 2014 elections. I started this blog to appreciate every political party. But as I begun reading more & more about politics, I finally came to know there is no other alternative than NaMo. Though my next article would be on Congress.
 

0 comments: